Saturday, April 14, 2012

First Post!!!!

While this may be the first post of this blog, this is not my first post to a blog. Left Anonymous began as a homework assignment in Spring of 2011, where I was to post my findings on various websites and topics found online. It was my first blog, and it familiarized me with the basics of blogging to the point that it sparked my curiosity about it.

Nearly a year later, I decided to continue blogging, though not as a requirement for good grades. I wanted a way to stay committed to my creative writing, and I thought showing a few friends some of my work would do the trick. I began by writing an introduction to what my blog would be--a serial of sorts, where I would post one chapter each week of a story idea I had, so that the commitment wouldn't be overwhelming.

It lasted a week. I posted the prologue to the story in January. Then life took over my... well, life. I was still struggling to find a way to balance my part-time job with my full-time school schedule and take care of my new house and spend time with my husband of (then) five months. "Don't worry about it right now," he told me when I emailed him the link to the blog. "Life is going to get busy. You don't want to be bogged down with the commitment when you have other commitments that are already heavy on your shoulders." And, as he most often is, he was right. When push came to shove, the blog was the thing I pushed to the side.

Life still hasn't slowed down. I do hope to pick it up where I left off, though. One day I'm going to sit down, spend a couple of hours on chapter one, and post it. Then the next week I'm going to sit down, work on chapter two, and post it. Then the next week... well, hopefully I'll be able to post something every week, even if it's only a portion of the chapter.

For this class I decided to give Left Anonymous a face-lift with all new posts. It makes me want to return to my creative writing. I like that. Time to reorganize my daily schedule to include a few minutes of creative writing!!!